Thursday 7 January 2016

Week thirteen

Week 13: (14/11/15)

In the second part of the script, this is when I start writing the dialogues. This is also done in a professional way by including a small introduction of the scene, the title and the names of the characters in the middle.
 As you can see this is the layout of my scenes, there are 5 scenes in total. The names are written in Italic, then we have the dialogue and stage directions which are also written in Italic and are in brackets.



As well as this, I also decided to add 2 more screens which are the video screen and the quiz screen in order to make the students be part of the animation and get involved easily.


The video screen is all about an extra video which will be shown in the animation. I have seen videos from you tube which I personally found interesting, this is also another way to make students get more information and learn as much as possible. There are the 3 videos which I've looked at and in the end I will choose which one is best.







This video specifically talks about the rules in a science lab and hazards; it is quite similar to the animation I am creating, so I don’t want the video to be repetitive. However the characters are singing in the video, so this is another way that students may learn the rules. The video lasts for 3:25 minutes. The only disadvantage is that this video looks similar to the animation I will be creating, therefore in a sense I will be showing the same information that I have shown in the animation, where students may already know about, which becomes repetitive and boring.




In this video there is music in the background and someone is drawing the hazards and rules they need to follow. The video lasts for 3:42 minutes. There are continuous images seen in this video as the person draws the equipment’s and hazards. There is a lot of visual information, but very little writing.




In this video there is also music in the background and they also summarize the general lab safety rules. Someone is writing

Information’s on an interactive board. This video lasts for 7:31 minutes. The only disadvantage is that the video is too long; in this case it might get boring as there is too much information going on. 


We then have the quiz screen, again this is another way to engage students and see whether they understood. I have included different questions regarding the animation and then I also added general scientific questions. I've included 3 possible answers, and the ones highlighted in green are the right answers.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment